12.22.2010

Abandoned Frames

Going through old files and folders is crazy. When I'm out shooting I usually have a goal in mind. Whether it's to snap a pulled back lineup or the dew drops on a pinecone, I generally have a good idea of what I'm trying to accomplish. But that doesn't mean I'm solely focusing on the end objective. There are always a lot of distractions that are worth shooting. Sometimes my favorite image from a shoot will have absolutely zero to do with what I had gone out trying to do. That's always fun. It's surprising. It's fresh and exhilarating. But when I come home and throw the images onto the computer, my focus always seems to shift back to that end goal and a lot of really cool images might not ever see the light of day because I simply forget about them. Well, here are a few shots that I really enjoy that have been surprising, unintentional and kept in the dark for far too long. Enjoy.









2 comments: